CATA seeks to create awareness, educate, empower and inspire consumers to buy organic apparel. One way it does this is by connecting consumers with organic clothing companies nationwide and offering 10-15% off to persons who have joined CATA and pledged to begin buying and wearing more organic clothing.
Earning 4 Leaf Designation:
Below are just some of the ways CATA earned 4 Leaf Designation, the top SWD designation level.
- Energy Efficient: At CATA, they use only CFL or LEDs and their electronics are set on a sleep mode.
- Reducing Waste:
- Salvaging Parts from Sewing Machines- When sewing machines aren't repairable, they salvage parts that could be used to repair other machines and remove the metal for recycling.
- Blended Fibers- Fabric scraps are saved and sent in large bundles to be reused in blended fibers. Sewing projects are also optimized to reduce fabric scraps.
- Green Communications: CATA information and membership cards are printed using a soy-based toner on Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified paper that is at least 30% recycled.
- Purchase Presentation: In the apparel industry, purchase presentation is almost as important as the purchase itself. In the CATA office, you will find FSC certified wooden hangers and 100% recycled tissue paper to add the finishing touches to your CATA bag after purchasing an item.